Red on the Moon Banner

Red on the Moon Banner

Sunday 28 December 2014

Lightsone Dynasty has arrived!

On the eve of Christmas eve Lightson Dynasty was released into the world :D.



I've had a really nice holiday. I'm playing with my new toys... my son's new toys, he had an x-box and some games so we've been playing. I also got some really nice presents, including a tablet with a keyboard so I can write on the go. Now that Christmas is coming to an end I finally have time to write a blog and tell you all about it.

It's doing really well so far and has actually been nominated for an award. I only found out last night so i'm gonna put the link here and ask you pritty please to vote for me.

Voting Page!

It's in alphabetical order so Lightson Dynasty is about half way down.

I'm still overwhelmed at how well it's been received, I've had two 5*  reviews already. (and I haven't had to pay anyone for them lol)

I had a lot of fun writing this story. I wanted to write a sweet romance, that had some comedy and yet deal with a bigger issue. I think I've achieved that.
I don't think this will be the last we see of Jo and Marcus.


Synopsis

Jo has always been what he is and never what he seems. Will his grandmother force him to live a life he doesn't want, or can he figure a way out?
Jo's life had never been simple. But since he moved in with his grandmother, things only became worse. First, she assumes that Jo stood for Josephine not Joseph. Then she believes all young women should be suitably married, especially her granddaughter, Jo.
So now Jo's expected to marry a man he's never met and whose own grandmother also wants the match. But how can he when he must protect his secret?
Marcus would rather spend time with his books and the gentlemen at his club than women, let alone marry one.
With both their grandmothers working against them, will they be able to find their way out of this potentially scandalous situation? After spending time together, will they want to?

Excerpt



Jo couldn't help but laugh out loud at that statement. "I will bet you any amount of money you care to name that you will never meet a girl like me again." Jo moved well back from the edge of the cliff and opened the basket to retrieve the blanket that lay across the top of the food. Marcus helped Jo to set out the food, and they sat down.
"How did your grandmother convince you to come, if you do not mind me asking?" Jo asked.
"She did what every mother and grandmother does when she wants a male of her acquaintance to do something he might not want to do. She threatened me. She told me that if I did not comply, then I would be cut off and disowned."
"That seems rather extreme."
"My grandmother wishes to see me settled down before she dies. And my mother, well..." Marcus paused, staring down at his food and avoiding eye contact.
"I know we just met, but I promise you nothing you say to me will go any further than the two of us. My grandmother, after all, is doing the exact same thing to me."
Marcus nodded. "I suppose we are somewhat in the same boat, as it were. Very well, my mother is too frightened of my grandmother to dare oppose her on anything. She is my father's mother, and very used to getting her own way. She also has the type of mind that once 'tis made up, there is no changing it."
Jo nodded. "Grandmother is just the same, but I have no mother and father any longer whom I could turn to. I shall have to put up with it. I must confess, I fully intended to make myself as unpleasant as possible for the duration of your stay to insure that you wouldn't even think of making me an offer."
Marcus laughed goodnaturedly. "I planned to be as boorish as I could manage, so you wouldn't accept when I did. Ye gads, we are a pair, aren’t we."
"What are we going to do now? You have to ask, and I have to say yes."
Jo couldn't help but feel downcast as this all became extremely overwhelming. He just did not know what he could do now.
"I do not know. If they were not such close friends, I would suggest we lie. You could say I never asked, and I could say that you refused me."
Jo huffed a laugh. "A good suggestion, but it would not work. I never expected to marry. My mother used to tell me that one day, I would find someone I wished to spend my life with, and she and my father would be happy for me no matter who the person was. But now they are gone. All Grandmother cares about is that I marry someone suitable."
"Why would you not marry? You are a beautiful woman; gentlemen must have made you offers before," Marcus asked as if genuinely surprised that Jo thought so lowly of himself.
"We better get back to the house. You'll want to settle in and get ready for dinner," Jo said, getting up and artfully avoiding the question.
"Yes, you are quite right. It would be most rude of me to delay you any further."
Jo couldn't help but smile. "I doubt the staff expected me back in time for dinner tonight. That is why they gave me the packed meal."
"Planning to avoid my arrival?" Marcus asked with a wry smile.

The links to have a read of the book for yourself are below. I'd love to know what you think either by leaving me a review on one of the sites or dropping me a message on my facebook page.


I post on my face book page all the time and will always respond to messages and comments. The fastest way to find out what I'm up to is by liking and following my page.



No comments:

Post a Comment